Command Prompt is one in every of the foremost powerful management tools in Window OS. a number of them aren’t even offered within the graphical user interface of the Windows OS, thus it’s positively one thing you must be using. during this article, we are going to be sharing with you, useful commands prompt tricks that you simply ought to definitely know:
1. Encrypt and Decrypt Files using Command Prompt
One of the best things that you can do using the Command Prompt, is to encrypt and decrypt your private data. Encryption is a way to prevent others from taking a peek at your data, and it’s a really important part of ensuring that your files are only yours, not others. With this simple Command Prompt trick, you can easily encrypt files on your Windows PC.
- Simply launch the Command Prompt, and change your working directory to the folder where your files are. This can be done by using the “cd” command.
- Once you’re done, type “Cipher /E“, and hit Enter. This will encrypt all the files that were inside the folder.
- if you want to decrypt those files simply type “Cipher /D”, and hit Enter. It will decrypt those files inside that folder.
2. Hide Folders using Command Prompt
there is an easy way to hide folders on windows by using the properties pane of the folder and checking the checkbox that says “Hidden”, the method isn’t very useful as the folders are hidden the use of this technique can effortlessly be viewed if the view options are modified to “show hidden files and folders”, making it a pretty useless feature.
but, using this cmd trick, you may hide your folders in such a way that they will be absolutely hidden, and Windows Explorer not able to display them at all. simply follow the steps mentioned below
- Launch Command Prompt, and navigate to the directory where your files and folder resides.
- Simply Type “Attrib +h +s +r folder_name“, replacing the “folder_name” with the name of the folder that you want to hide, and press Enter. after that, your folder is gone. don’t worry they still there
- To unhide the folder, you can use the command “Attrib -h -s -r folder_name“.
Hidden folders can be viewed using the cmd command “dir /AH”.
3. Watch an ASCII Version of Star Wars
This one is a completely cool trick, that may permit you to watch an ASCII textual content version of Star Wars: a new hope, completely within the command prompt window. The technique is quite simple, and it uses Telnet. simply follow the steps below to watch Star Wars inside the cmd window.
- Open Command Prompt, and type “telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl”, and hit Enter.
- The movie will start playing immediately.
4. Create a WiFi Hotspot
Microsoft does not provide any direct UI to create the wifi hotspot. you may also use the command prompt to create a wifi hotspot in your windows pc, and share with your other wifi enabled devices such as tablets and smartphones, without using any third party programme. to do this, just follow the steps below:
- Launch Command Prompt with admin privileges, and type “netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=HotspotofHotspot key=HotspotPassword.“. Replace “HotspotName” with the name that you want for your WiFi hotspot, and replace “Password” with the password you want to set. Hit enter.
- Next, type “netsh wlan start hostednetwork” and hit Enter, this will create your wifi hotspot.
5. Copy Command Output to text file
when you have ever attempted to copy stuff off the command prompt, you need to have discovered out that it’s far noticeably difficult. however, with this easy trick, you can copy the output of any command which you want, without delay on your computer saving into a text file.
- simply change the directory where you want to save the output of command prompt I’m going to save it on my desktop “cd /Desktop“
- Launch Command Prompt and type the command that you want to copy the output, For example, I’m using the command “systeminfo > myfile.txt“. Hit Enter, this command will create a text file on your desktop.
6. Customize Your Command Prompt
Change the Color of the CMD Window
The Command Prompt window default color is dark with white text color lets change it to something cool, to get what we can do with color command simply type “color /?” it will give you overview or color options.
To change the text color of the command prompt type color followed by available color.
- For example type “color 03” easy
- Change Title of Command Prompt
- Open Command Prompt, and type “title”, followed by the text that you want the Title bar to read.